FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Saturday, April 30, 2016

{Hit and Run}

“If I never see you again I will always carry you inside outside on my fingertips and at brain edges and in centers centers of what I am of what remains.” ― Charles Bukowski, Living on Luck april30 april30b I call these hit and run tulip shots. Today I was dodging every single traffic closure and detour in St. Paul. Nightmare city...but I was convinced I could beat it. Funny how easy it is to lie to ourselves. And I was getting crabby and inpatient. So I took some deep breaths, said a little prayer and felt the need to make art immediately. Indeed not very rational. Pulled over to these beauties planted outside a quaint, somewhat run down house off 94. Again, I snuck over, careful not invade their lawn too much. Snapped this quickly. And....of course it is blurry and messy. And I'm fine with it. The color makes me happy. I can't wait to have a house of my own where I can go crazy planting tulips and flowers. It's a simple joy and I'm grateful for this life pleasure.

No comments: