FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Friday, April 15, 2016

{People are Strange}

People are strange when you're a stranger 
 Faces look ugly when you're alone 
 Women seem wicked when you're unwanted 
 Streets are uneven when you're down 
 When you're strange 
 Faces come out of the rain 
 When you're strange 
 No one remembers your name
 When you're strange 
 When you're strange 
 When you're strange 
 -The Doors april15 april15b april15d april15e April15f april15c People are strange. And I'll include myself in there as not to offend. I enjoy going into this shop called Hunt and Gather over in the Linden Hills area. Literally, everything in the store is random pieces of shit. I don't know how else to describe this place except with little snippets from above. What I enjoy most about this store is just looking at the items people sell to the store. These items come from all over the place and from a wide range of sellers. I think to myself "Who ARE these people, that buy this stuff." Think about it, someone owned that crazy satantic looking wide mouth clown head. Perhaps kept it in their kitchen and put bananas in it's mouth? Who knows. It's possible. I think about this stuff. The shop is quirky and I dig quirky. My favorite items are the old photographs they have in piles randomly around the store. I notice that in the early 1900's or so, people were damn serious in their pictures. They looked so stoic and miserable. Barely touching each other in wedding pictures. Almost unreal looking. I also enjoy the old records, cameras and odd pieces of furniture here and there. AND, go figure, they have the best stock of succulents in the store. When I go to the store with friends, it's interesting to observe what grabs their attention as opposed to mine. I just watch and observe. This store is an excellent investigation into human anthropology....or perhaps anatomy too. The store does have poster among posters of the human digestive track and also the skeletal system. I have only purchased one thing from this store, a pair of old roller skates...Otherwise, it's just too much stuff and I don't like too much stuff. It makes me twitchy. So I just look around and it's all so very strange.

No comments: