FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Monday, May 2, 2016

{Bit Tropical}

“Things bloosom in their time. They bud and bloom, blossom and fade. Everything in its time.” ― Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book IMG_9614 A small slice of the tropics right in my backyard. Or at least that is what comes to mind looking at this picture. I cursed this tree last October as I stepped in brown crabapples and raked up smooshy, fermenting fruit from the ground. Now, that is but a faint memory as it's half way bloomed and a whole different tree. Just crazy. The blossoms are so delicate, each one. Then I step back and look at these trees and they are like out of control bed hair. All the delicates blossoms form together to a whole that looks so much different. At any rate, they are worth the sneezes from springtime pollen and the mush that covered my shoes just 9 short months ago. I'd pick one and put it in my hair, close my eyes, feel the sun. Yep, just like the tropics. So close:)

No comments: