FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Tuesday, May 31, 2016

{Once Upon a Time}

"Longing is not a mind game and that is why I’ve always trusted it. Longing is raw, longing is real; it makes one listen and be attentive to what’s inside. There is mad honesty in longing. So mad that it feels suitable. It is very suitable for me, I’m telling you – I don’t even want to write it or write about it, I want to be it."-Anne Sexton
Oh there are just some days, weeks or years I don't want to be an adult. I'd prefer to float down the river, Huck Finn style, no responsibilities. Getting rid of it all. Just roam. In ourselves we are all our ages at once, so I suppose the last few weeks I've had the maturity of a 12 year old. Where, I recall, you have this world in front of you, oozing with possibility. But you got these lame parents holding you back. And now, I'm not too sure what I'm trying to say. Maybe I need a vacation, or to buy a floatie and lay in a pool. It's summer, it does it to me. This nice weather with it's open air.

No comments: