FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Thursday, March 24, 2016

{Tulip Thursday}

“I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.” 
― Anaïs Nin

March24b
March24
It was a magnificent day. Thursday. Who would think Thursday could be the new Friday. But for me, at least it was.  I took the day off and finally attended to some put off matters. The first being sleep. As in catching up on months of lack of sleep. I woke up early, had some coffee, then thought to myself..."why don't you be like normal people and lay back down. come on now, try to sleep in!"
So I did. And it worked! I slept pretty late. I'm not sure how I felt about it. I enjoyed being rested but I felt like most of the day was gone. One of the reasons, besides work of course, I get up early is because of the feeling that the day is new and there is stillness to enjoy and time to ease into the day. Waking up late, I bolted up and felt frantic. Not enough time. So much to do. Just like the rabbit from Alice in wonderland.
Back to the sun was out. When the sun is shining, all in my life is a fairy tale in which I skip through the day with unrelenting optimism and massive productivity(smirk). Or let's just say I get shit done that's been backed up for awhile. On days like this, there is motivation and energy to leave the house.  Therefore I went on a run and finally did some much needed errand running. This Thursday ended with grocery shopping and picking up the necessary flowers that I did not have the energy to grab yesterday. They are still wrapped up tight in their buds, but the colors and anticipation of their budding brings me joy. Now that, is a marvelous Thursday!

No comments: