FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Wednesday, March 30, 2016

{Spring Rain}

“I wanted to write the most beautiful poem but that is impossible; the world has written its own.”

-Dejan Stojanovic, The Sun Watches the Sun

March30
March30b
March30c
March30d
Spring and rain. Buds and blossoms. Mornings running in and out of my car. Avoiding the rain. No umbrella. Just steady rain that is cold and hits my head. Which is now completely soaked. My jacket repels the rain but my legs are damp. And I hate that. The feeling of wet pants but I have no choice but to keep running through the rain.
Cold raindrops find a way to run down my neck and I shiver. Run into the car, turn on the heat. Turn off the heat.  I'm so cold and then minutes later it's a sauna in the car.
Where is the sun? Just clouds and steady rain. Beautiful, steady, pouring spring rain. With lots of puddles where I see two ducks swim. Enjoying the rain and their newfound lake. In the middle of the city. I catch sight of spring buds and am thankful for this rain. 

No comments: