― Victor Lodato, Mathilda Savitch


Here is what I'm going to do, because it is snowing out. Slushy, gross, wet snow. Yesterday it was so beautiful. I was happy, the sun was shining, hope was in the air. People love to talk about weather, and everywhere I went, at each encounter someone said something about this storm. In my head, I said "No. No. This will not happen. Why look how nice it is out side." I am amazingly good at living in denial. Too good.
Well, it has arrived and I curse mother nature silently. Whine about how I live here, in Minnesota. Where in one day you have to wear 5 layers of clothing to adjust to the range of temps throughout the day. Where the winds come sweeping through the plains or city streets and are so strong one's car door smacks up against one's back at a massive speed inflicting severe pain. And the slush up the pants, I. Can't. Even. Begin. Sensory wise, that is unnerving.
In the spirit of adjusting my attitude I will post pictures of beautiful flowers I bought some time ago. Irises and tulips a few of my favorites. I meant to pick up tulips today but was so tired from work and in desperate need of a nap I came directly home.
And I will also take this time to slow it down, like I mentioned yesterday. Put on some comfy clothes, make some hot chocolate and read for awhile. Get lost in somewhere, sometime else. Ah yes denial. Thank goodness for books.



No comments:
Post a Comment