Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away-author unknown
Warning blog rant and picture overload coming up...
Here is my blog rant. Why does life go by so fast and why is it so hard to stay in touch and hold onto such special relationships as it passes at lightening speed. Hmmm. This makes me angry. I want to hold onto these people forever, and keep them recorded just like I remember. Am I asking too much. Am I just a tad of a control freak? No. Me. Never...Could I get an extra 2 hours in my day. Maybe?
In all seriousness, as I get older I realize the specialness and seasons of the people that enter, exit, re-enter, disappear and ebb and flow. Knowing this adult reality {boo to growing up...I'm a bit of Peter Pan} I try to stay in the moment and enjoy each precious exchange, laugh, breath and goodbye. Then to quote the Office, I take a mental picture and put in my vault for future memory surfing.
I was so happy to reconnect with a dear friend that I met when I first moved to Minnesota 11 years ago as a energetic and idealistic graduate student. We were both in the same program and, with along of few of my other dear friends, plowed through courses, studies, professor looongggg lectures, comps, papers and so on. As life goes, we fell out of touch for many reasons probably the biggest being she betrayed me and left the school counseling track and went into college student affairs....{kidding}. Well, long sweet story, we find each other over Facebook, caught up slowly but surely and when we met Saturday on such a sunny and gorgeous day in a week of wetness and dreary, it was a lovely reunion I cherished. Her family is absolutely beautiful. Not surprising, as she has always been an incredible woman with energy, a great sense of humor, fun and adventure. My dear friend, thank you for the pleasure of our session. I enjoyed our time together and capturing the beautiful, genuine love and connection your family shares together. It took my breath away. Don't exit too long now:) Click and Save...
Here is my blog rant. Why does life go by so fast and why is it so hard to stay in touch and hold onto such special relationships as it passes at lightening speed. Hmmm. This makes me angry. I want to hold onto these people forever, and keep them recorded just like I remember. Am I asking too much. Am I just a tad of a control freak? No. Me. Never...Could I get an extra 2 hours in my day. Maybe?
In all seriousness, as I get older I realize the specialness and seasons of the people that enter, exit, re-enter, disappear and ebb and flow. Knowing this adult reality {boo to growing up...I'm a bit of Peter Pan} I try to stay in the moment and enjoy each precious exchange, laugh, breath and goodbye. Then to quote the Office, I take a mental picture and put in my vault for future memory surfing.
I was so happy to reconnect with a dear friend that I met when I first moved to Minnesota 11 years ago as a energetic and idealistic graduate student. We were both in the same program and, with along of few of my other dear friends, plowed through courses, studies, professor looongggg lectures, comps, papers and so on. As life goes, we fell out of touch for many reasons probably the biggest being she betrayed me and left the school counseling track and went into college student affairs....{kidding}. Well, long sweet story, we find each other over Facebook, caught up slowly but surely and when we met Saturday on such a sunny and gorgeous day in a week of wetness and dreary, it was a lovely reunion I cherished. Her family is absolutely beautiful. Not surprising, as she has always been an incredible woman with energy, a great sense of humor, fun and adventure. My dear friend, thank you for the pleasure of our session. I enjoyed our time together and capturing the beautiful, genuine love and connection your family shares together. It took my breath away. Don't exit too long now:) Click and Save...



No comments:
Post a Comment