You will notice that my blog has contained a lot of summer, warm weather type photographs over its history. The desert, the water, beach and warmth are what fills my heart up and I believe scientifically, for survival, they are places I should live (insert drama, I know I know). But I don't. Right now I visit and dream. Nice escape, but never has worked all that well...SOOOO, as being one for self-punishment...i mean self-growth, I am announcing a challenge on my blog. For the next 10 days I will get outside and take one picture a day of winter beauty and post here on my blog. This is inspired by the photographer I saw all bundled on my way home last night, armed with tripod, photographing the beautiful sunset over Lake Nokomis. (Note I did do this with my blackberry camera phone from the driver's seat of my mini-van...I really did since my daughter was watching for traffic behind me...)
There is so much beauty in the winter. I miss it, since I hibernate and fight what is fact. This can be a whole different blog/psychoanalytical post. I won't subject anyone to that story. Now, will anyone sign up for the role of "kick my ass out the door"? Please:) Once I'm out there, I can handle it. It's a small threshold but it's a start. I can't promise they will be pretty photos (dear god, help my inner perfectionist), or not have a ton of camera shake from my shivering but this is necessary and healthy for me to do. And I find it's so much easier to adjust your sails with the current as to swimming upstream.
After 35 years I laying off the accelerator (a bit) and getting to even pace minute by minute...
-Peace out! Stay warm!
There is so much beauty in the winter. I miss it, since I hibernate and fight what is fact. This can be a whole different blog/psychoanalytical post. I won't subject anyone to that story. Now, will anyone sign up for the role of "kick my ass out the door"? Please:) Once I'm out there, I can handle it. It's a small threshold but it's a start. I can't promise they will be pretty photos (dear god, help my inner perfectionist), or not have a ton of camera shake from my shivering but this is necessary and healthy for me to do. And I find it's so much easier to adjust your sails with the current as to swimming upstream.
After 35 years I laying off the accelerator (a bit) and getting to even pace minute by minute...
-Peace out! Stay warm!
Here are some photos from our trip out west last March:) No snow included~



No comments:
Post a Comment