This project is coming to an end and what I take from it is a reminder to find some way to stop and break the bluster of life. Breathe deep from your belly and just look. Take it in because the present moment is exactly peaceful and perfect. As I get older, I'm finding I need little in life to be content than longer and more frequent breaks like these. For me, it takes a lot of effort and hard work to step out of myself and be still and watch. I know a few people who live in this state for most of the day and try to be around them as much as possible. It rubs off, calms and I appreciate this gift more than words can say.
This house is next to my son's preschool. The same one by daughter went to 2 years ago.
I got out of my car and breathed, looked up and saw it for the first time with it's beautiful texture of stone. Evergreens that could touch the sky, served as a perfect archway frame. The contrast and texture of snow mimicked perfectly the stone that framed the house and city street. If you live here I imagine that it is cozy and warm. Breathe and Enjoy:)



No comments:
Post a Comment