FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Monday, February 2, 2015

{The Language of Flowers}

“The most important thing about a person is always the thing you don't know.” 
― Barbara KingsolverThe Lacuna


What is this beautiful flower you might be wondering...I'm sure of it! It is Kale. That's right, Kale. Unbelievable. It started randomly showing up in arrangements a few months ago. It's head is so large and it's stem so thick , the petals so bright, it was hard not to notice how it became the center of the arrangement. I mean how can a daisy compare to this massive...salad topper... I mean flower? Yes, flower is what I'm calling it.
This past weekend, a young man came looking for a unique flower for his mother. He was sick of the old standby of roses. While looking over the cooler stock, his eye honed in on the Kale. What is that remarkable flower he questioned. Why Kale I responded with some caution and excitement....As in the salad was the response back. (And how could it not be) And just like that it was sold. Wrapped up for a lucky mom in a beautiful, flowing bouquet of purples and greens.   It look nothing like a head of cabbage...I swear. How could it, wrapped up in tissue paper...topped off with a purple satin bow

No comments: