“Light is good company, when alone; I took my comfort where I found it, and the warmest yellow bulb in the living-room lamp had become a kind of radiant babysitter all its own.”
― Aimee Bender, The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
I bought this candy apple over the weekend at the Oakmont Bakery in Pittsburgh while visiting my sister.
This bakery is incredible.
A visual delight.
As too the caramel apple.
A cosmic combination of everything I love.
Family, Comfort, Apples, sweets, colors, sprinkles, color...
And a challenge.
In all of life, wouldn't a caramel apple encompass challenge...
I digress
My intention was ...is.. to photograph then send to my kids. Yes! That is my intention.
I'm working on my food photography portfolio so it makes sense.
However, the apple and I are having a stare down.
I want to eat it. Devour it.
Wait...
The photograph
How do you photograph a caramel apple?
So it comes across like the tasty beauty that I remember...
I'm not sure
And It's All Wrong
All of it
The sprinkles, the moment it hits your teeth and tongue
So we stare each other down
I pack it away and pace
But there is a shelf life
So, I pace fast
I'm sure it will be captured
After I taste it
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment