“Some people see things that are and ask, Why?
Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not?
Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.”
― George Carlin
A few days ago, a man called the flower store hoping to place an arrangement order for the lolcalla flower. If we carried those in stock. With plugged ears from a cold and also notably still very new to understanding the world of flower speak, I asked him to repeat the name of the flower. He said it again, lolcalla. At this point, I gave up and asked if he could possibly be referring to a Calla Lily. With a pause, I got a let me read this text again response. Her favorite flower was a lolcalla. It all clicked...one, two, three. Was she laughing at something prior in the conversation I asked? Another pause, and then a real laugh. Yes she had been! He'll take an arrangement of Calla Lilies please.
I had to also laugh and then thought how disappointed I was that there was no such thing as a LOL Calla.
Sunday, February 8, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment