Thursday, June 19, 2014
{Sprinklerlogged}
“In my dreams, I never have an age.”
― Madeleine L'Engle
This has to be one of my favorite pictures of my daughter when she was smaller. Huddled, post sprinkler run, with matted hair, soaked swimsuit and grass remains clinging to her ankles. When I was younger, my sister and I loved to spend summer running through the hose. We would take turns holding it, while sticking fingers slightly over the mouth to create a wider spray range. The water was always way too cold and by the time we were finished there would be a gigantic marshy puddle in the middle of our backyard and a peeved off father who needed to mow the lawn the next day. Sometimes we would try to be clever and hide waiting to pounce and spray when one of us would turn the corner of the house. And then there was always the funny bending the hose in half to stop the water flow on the unsuspecting hose handler. I'm not kidding when I say I found that to be funny every time...My own kids had similar times many summers over the years. Water, summer, hoses, sprinkler....wet matted, grass filled hair and peeved off fathers, a timeless summer joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment