I've noticed at times my perspectives on the photos I shoot will change depending on my mood. I uploaded this one a few weeks ago and it just was...blah. Not doing it for me. But today, it stood out. I cannot tell you why. I love how the light hits the frost. And how the branches look like a hand, inviting me for a walk. Now this will be a huge jump, but later today, I was driving through downtown Minneapolis and having done this a lot, and not noticed, I was struck about how many people there were around. Up above me in the skyway, next to me on both city sidewalks and on the street corner waiting to cross and close to being hit by a moving vehicle. I really looked at each person, best I could at least as I was driving, and thought to myself...every single person here has a story. I never knew you exisited, but have a story... and all of this is influencing my world and community. I don't really even know why this hit me today....It's just that gut feeling observation thingy I do. I'm sure I'll figure it out later....but it certainly makes you wonder...who, indeed are the people in your neighborhood. Maybe one is a spy, or a doctor...or a check out guy at Costco. Who knows...the possibilities are endless.
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
{Let's think about this}
"Who are the people in your neighborhood? In YOUR neighborhood?-Sesame Street
I've noticed at times my perspectives on the photos I shoot will change depending on my mood. I uploaded this one a few weeks ago and it just was...blah. Not doing it for me. But today, it stood out. I cannot tell you why. I love how the light hits the frost. And how the branches look like a hand, inviting me for a walk. Now this will be a huge jump, but later today, I was driving through downtown Minneapolis and having done this a lot, and not noticed, I was struck about how many people there were around. Up above me in the skyway, next to me on both city sidewalks and on the street corner waiting to cross and close to being hit by a moving vehicle. I really looked at each person, best I could at least as I was driving, and thought to myself...every single person here has a story. I never knew you exisited, but have a story... and all of this is influencing my world and community. I don't really even know why this hit me today....It's just that gut feeling observation thingy I do. I'm sure I'll figure it out later....but it certainly makes you wonder...who, indeed are the people in your neighborhood. Maybe one is a spy, or a doctor...or a check out guy at Costco. Who knows...the possibilities are endless.
I've noticed at times my perspectives on the photos I shoot will change depending on my mood. I uploaded this one a few weeks ago and it just was...blah. Not doing it for me. But today, it stood out. I cannot tell you why. I love how the light hits the frost. And how the branches look like a hand, inviting me for a walk. Now this will be a huge jump, but later today, I was driving through downtown Minneapolis and having done this a lot, and not noticed, I was struck about how many people there were around. Up above me in the skyway, next to me on both city sidewalks and on the street corner waiting to cross and close to being hit by a moving vehicle. I really looked at each person, best I could at least as I was driving, and thought to myself...every single person here has a story. I never knew you exisited, but have a story... and all of this is influencing my world and community. I don't really even know why this hit me today....It's just that gut feeling observation thingy I do. I'm sure I'll figure it out later....but it certainly makes you wonder...who, indeed are the people in your neighborhood. Maybe one is a spy, or a doctor...or a check out guy at Costco. Who knows...the possibilities are endless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment