FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Thursday, January 21, 2016

{January love letter}

“My dear, In the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love. In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile. In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm. I realized, through it all, that… In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back. Truly yours, Albert Camus” jan21b jan21 jan21c This is worth reposting both the pictures and the quotes. Especially in the heart of winter...January of all months. One day I will like January. It is my mission to figure out a way to enjoy January, specifically in Minnesota. So I'll make it a point to take out my camera and try to capture some pictures today. I've been organizing photos that go back years and have gotten lost in old images. But I get twitchy and can sense when it's time to make some art. It's above 20 today so I don't risk my fingers becoming frostbit and/or frozen to the shutter of my camera. I also won't offend anyone with the ranting of cuss words that flow off my tongue when it gets too cold. It's just figuring out what to shoot. Everything is white and grey right now and I'll have to pull deep to find a nugget of inspiration....but I accept this challenge. It's on January!

No comments: