FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Saturday, October 31, 2015

{Working out the Bugs}

“Everything beautiful has a mark of eternity.” 
― Simone WeilLectures on Philosophy

IMG_3688flick
It's raining, cold and damp out today. All the makings of "perfect pj pants lazy day." There is work to do but I'm not feeling in any particular rush to get things done...and I'm down with it.  There is some laundry, editing and possible cookie baking on the agenda.  But since most of the days are structured and filled I welcome this Saturday with open arms....Sweet serenity.
I saw the new Steve Jobs movie last night and it was captivating and inspiring. It looked more at his own personality quirks and bugs.  His haunting feeling of being a mis-made product. Unwanted.
Steve Jobs has to be one of my inspirational heroes of the creation world.  Simplistic genius and drive. Innovation and passion. I admire his ability to keep pressing on despite being rejected from the company he created.  No time holds more true for me as this endless custody nightmare rages on...than this nugget to hold onto. It helps me keep my focus and grace. Life belongs to those who stay in the ring despite, hard blows and 10 rounds with Mr. T on roids knocking you to the ground. Picture it....
He understood innovation required messiness, failure and persistance. Creation was intuitive and needed to be practiced daily. Like myself, he was pretty big picture. I love that. However, he could afford a staff and assistance to manage the small details. I can afford a calendar from Office max and a daily dose of major discipline.
I'll close with a commitment to a November Gratitude focus. A girlfriend of mine mentioned this the other day at coffee and I will follow her lead. Life lived is the lens in which one views it! Over and out!

No comments: