FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Friday, April 17, 2015

{Umbrellas at Beaches}

Broken windows and empty hallways,
a pale lit moon in a sky streaked with grey.
Human kindness is overflowing,
and I think it's gonna rain today
-Bette Midler


I love the movie Beaches. When it came out I saw it more times than I could count. And who could stop playing the poignant "wind beneath my wings."  We even sang it in high school chorus, deep and moving chords...Or should I say, as deep as you can get when you are 16 years old and singing a significantly emotional song...which then, in your short years you most likely had no idea what the hell you were singing.  But it was still beautiful. And how can you go wrong with the words hero, wind and wings as the structure of your song. That WAS the 80's and early 90's...I'm sure of it.  Mostly, the song made people treat each other better. Perhaps elicit some empathy. So I was all for it.
It meant the real popular girls were nice to me for a week...

Much later, I was listening to a show tunes Pandora station (Theater nerds, like goonies, never die!) and "I think it's going to rain today" came on and it moved me. Similar to wind beneath my wings. I don't even remember it in the movie that I had watched, I'm pretty sure close to 100 times. I even had the soundtrack. It's interesting to me the whole concept of music, songs, lyrics and meanings. I'm pretty intuitive so usually when something strikes me I just know it's important for some reason or the other. Sometimes it's a long time down the road...So rain has just been on my mind a lot lately. I guess I'll put this all together at some point. Maybe I need to watch Beaches again.

Today I did a short photo walk in the rain to track down some daffodil shots for my mother. In all honesty I can't stand these flowers. I'm not sure why. I think I associate them with too much church and Easter church services. But they were so stunning to me covered in raindrops. I just tried to study and appreciate them from a different, fresh perspective. It sort of worked...

Then I at the end of my walk I saw these beauties. White and yellow toned...I must confess, I have a new appreciation for this flower.  The flower of Hope I am told.

No comments: