Sunday, September 14, 2014
{Wild Orchid Blooming}
“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
― Anaïs Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934
During most of my work day I have a clear shot of an orchid display of a dozen or more plants. I call it my serenity corner. The orchids have multiple buds and each plant has a different color, tone and pattern on its petals. From what I understand, the orchid is a pretty fussy plant. It requires a delicate balance of sunlight, waterings and pruning. Lots of people come in with sad and droopy orchids that wilted due to improper care. The owners are all pretty upset and desperately want to know how to bring back to bloom this gorgeous plant. Of all the plants that are brought back to the store, the orchid owners are the most distraught. It's an interesting trend. Perhaps the owners are as fussy and delicate like their stunning orchids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment