FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Monday, August 3, 2009

{All About Soul} Twin Cities Child Photographer

“love life, engage in it, give it all you've got. love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it”
Maya Angelou

There are people that you meet in your life and their is an instant connection and you know that no matter the seasons of life and despite the whirlwind of change, challenge and distance that you will remain friends for the long run. My dear friend Kim is more than this to me. She is like my second sister, a soul sister one might say. In another life, I was a school counselor and I met Kim the first day of my first real job. I saw her bounce into the media center with a huge grin and lots of energy,. There was a buffet of fine goodies {because teachers love to eat!} and there she was full of life, greeting everyone and laughing non-stop. Her energy was amazing and I thought I was going to really love this woman or she would drive me nuts. Well I love her and I love her family. From that point our friendship grew as we ran together, played together {oh boy! the adventures} and went through our first pregnancies together. She embraces life to the core, listens to me like no one else and has provided much love and support through the years. I still am in denial four years later that she moved back to her hometown Seattle and miss her terribly. She was in town this past week and I had the great pleasure of photographing her beautiful children who are the perfect combination of Kim and her equally wonderful husband Mitch. I miss you my friend, but know that, through the years we will most likely be doing the funky chicken at our kid's weddings and perhaps blending up smoothies, drinking a little wine and taking bike rides in our golden years.
All my love-
Stacey



2 comments:

Jason said...

Awesome shots Stacey! I really like the one of the kids on the rocks very nice job!

Stacey said...

Hi Jason! Nice to "see" you. Thank you so much! The kids are dear to my heart and not hard to photograph!