FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Wednesday, December 28, 2016

{Numerology}

“You will love again, people say. Give it time. Me with time running out. Day after day of the everyday. What they call real life, made of eighth-inch gauge. Newness strutting around as if it were significant. Irony, neatness and rhyme pretending to be poetry. I want to go back to that time after philosophy death when I cried every day among the trees. To the real. To the magnitude of pain, of being that much alive.” ― Jack Gilbert

I am continually brought back to the magnificence of poetry. As the year closes, like many people, I take an inventory and meditate on the lessons and experiences that it brought to me. And intuitively I free write into my journal and read. The words synch to my soul. It's difficult to explain, except its message is full circle. And like others, I'm just beyond done with this year. In the manner that it's energy and lessons were charged and blunt. No necessarily a bad thing but I'd say I fall within realm of, oh say, balance. Did you hear that 2017?

No comments: