FOR BOOKINGS EMAIL

CORDESPHOTO@GMAIL.COM


Monday, July 14, 2014

{Nighlights}

“I hope you will go out and let stories, that is life, happen to you, and that you will work with these stories... water them with your blood and tears and your laughter till they bloom, till you yourself burst into bloom.” ― Clarissa Pinkola Estés, Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype There are so many warm memories I have of hot, humid summer nights spent enjoying the outside with friends. Lots of ghosts in the graveyard and hide and go seek. We'd gather together to pick who is "it", then sprint away to find the perfect hiding spot. The sun would leave us and then came the fireflies. Everywhere, I remember, marveling as they let out their tiny burst of light. They seemed to consume the whole backyard. Hidden from view, it was quiet and dark. Peaceful and Beautiful. The other night I noticed them again. A hot, humid July night in the country. It was magical and I tried hard to capture them with my camera. These picture are a sad attempt to capture the moment. Perhaps, a slower shutter speed? I'm not sure but I gave up after awhile and decided to just enjoy the wonderful nightlife.

No comments: